Seattle Car Manufacturing Company was founded in 1905.
In 1917, Pacific Car and Foundry Company was created as the Seattle Car Manufacturing Company and Twohy Brothers of Portland merged.
Glenn T. Braden founded Braden Steel Corporation in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1924 and began to supply equipment for the booming oil industry. The original R-B (Reliable-Braden) Hub Winch was built into the back of the hub of a truck wheel. The capstan-style design found wide acceptance in both oilfield and utility use.
The first oil-soaked safety brake used in the winch industry was patented by BRADEN in 1927, setting the standard for worm gear hoisting winches.
BRADEN introduced the first conventional horizontal winch for truck bed mounting in 1928.
The first CARCO logging winch was introduced in 1934.
In 1936, CARCO unveiled its first yarding winch.
Gearmatic began as a manufacturer of power transmissions in 1946 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
BRADEN broke ground for the current PACCAR Winch plant location in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma in 1947.
In 1949, BRADEN officially moved its operations to Broken Arrow.
In 1960, Gearmatic debuted its first hydraulic planetary hoist (Model 11/11E).
Gearmatic was purchased by Pacific Car and Foundry Company in 1963.
BRADEN introduced the first self-contained “power drum” PD Series hoists with gearing located inside the drum in 1967.
In 1968, BRADEN launched the larger capacity CH (Construction Hoist) Series of planetary hydraulic hoists.
Pacific Car and Foundry Company was renamed to PACCAR Inc. in 1972.
BRADEN expanded its operations in 1974 to include a second plant in Okmulgee, Oklahoma.
BRADEN was purchased by PACCAR Inc. in 1977.
The PACCAR Winch Division was formed in 1980.
In 1983, BRADEN, CARCO and Gearmatic were merged under the PACCAR Winch Division to leverage synergies between the brands.
Sales and manufacturing for all three PACCAR Winch brands were consolidated in Broken Arrow in 1985.
PACCAR Winch Inc. was formed in 2018.